- Emergency: Tel. 113
- Carabinieri: Tel. 112
- Fire brigade: Tel. 115
- Roadside assistance: Tel. 116
- Casualty: Tel. 118
- Municipal police: Tel. 06.67691
- International pharmacy: Tel. 064825456
- Medical assistance: Tel. 068080995
- Bicycle and motor bike hire: Tel. 06/44.69.222 06/48.28.443
- CALL CENTER TOURIST INFORMATIONS: 06 36004399 Every day between 9am and 7pm
- FIUMICINO AIRPORT OPERATOR: +39 06 65951
- RAILWAYS INFORMATION: 848-888088
- FLIGHT INFORMATION: +39 06 65953640 - 4001
- BAGGAGE INFORMATION: +39 06 65954252 - 6777
- BAGGAGE INFORMATION DOMESTIC FLIGHTS: +39 06 65634568/9
- BAGGAGE INFORMATION INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS: +39 06 65634956/4755
Here follows a list of the tourist informations points around Rome:
Open every day from 9,00a.m. to 18,00p.m.
Castel S.Angelo - Piazza Pia
Fori Imperiali - Piazza del Tempio della Pace
Piazza Navona - Piazza Cinque Lune
Via del Corso - Largo Goldoni
Via Nazionale - Palazzo delle Esposizioni
Trastevere - Piazza Sonnino
San Giovanni - Piazza S.Giovanni in Laterano
Termini - Piazza dei Cinquecento
FCO Airport: every day from 8,00am to 7,00pm
CALL CENTER TOURIST INFOS:
06 36004399 every day from 9,00a.m. to 19,00p.m.
Exchanging money in Italy:
Post offices usually offer the best exchange rate, although you have to pay a modest fixed commission to exchange cash (usually EURO 2.60, approx. US$ 2.80).
Banks or exchange bureaus will reduce the value of 1.5 - 2 % if you want to buy Euros, and then charge the commission.
Banks are open Mon.-Fri. 8.45 AM - 1.30 PM and then between 2.30 and 4 PM.
Traveller's cheques and credit cards.
Traveller's cheques are not very popular in Italy, and not welcome in most places.
Our advise is to cue at the banks and change them into cash, banks charge 3 to 5 Euros (app. 3-6 US$) to change traveller' s cheques. Credit cards are accepted in Italy and in Rome in most places, but usually for a certain amount. Personal foreign cheques will not be accepted anywhere.